- Gut wrenching loss last night, but the quality of play was much better. (At least that's what I heard, since we could not watch the game -- thanks to Versus, DirecTV and Gary Bettman)
- Minnesota brings out the bizzare -- last night a last second goal, last year the phantom Nash "stick higher than the crossbar" dispute, and so it goes. You think the Coen Brothers are conspiring against the CBJ??
- Howson has been very quiet -- too quiet, IMHO. Watch out . . .
- On a more positive note, the Jackets will join Boston, Minnesota, San Jose, Phoenix and Carolina in Europe to open the season next year, as confirmed by an NHL executive at the meeting in Pebble Beach. No word yet on the specific venues. Road Trip!!!!
- The Jackets and Wild continued their tradition of playing tight, low scoring games, particularly in Minnesota. In 17 games played between the clubs in Minnesota, only 3 times have the teams combined for more than 5 goals.
- Jacket scouts were rumored to be at the Toronto/Washington game the other night. See Howson item above . . .
- Bettman announced that salary cap not expected to change much for next year -- $1 million either way or so. That means that the Blackhawks will only need to jettison about 8 players to meet the game, instead of 9 . . .
- Eric Smith will be hosting his weekly Fire The Cannon chat tonight at 7:00 PM. I will endeavor to join in and offer my two cents worth. Details here.
- The boys have had a rough go of late, but it will turn around. Keep in mind that despite this horrific streak, we are now just at .500. How many years did we dream of reaching the .500 mark???
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
It's Wednesday, the middle of the week, and only 9 days until Christmas. Time to take a deep, cleansing breath and regain our perspective on hockey (and life):
Posted by JAL at 9:07 AM